Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bye Bye Sydney ;( xxx

Wow everyone, I can’t believe my time in Sydney is over. It went quicker than I thought. I have to admit the first two months were challenging, but I’m SO GLAD that I made the leap from London to Sydney.


Those of you who were at my leaving party may remember me saying that I wanted to ‘meet people from interesting parts of the world, and Australia might be the place to do it’. I certainly did. Not only are they interesting, but also some of the most kind-hearted and beautiful people I am privileged to now call friends. I can’t vouch for every Aussie, but judging by the ones I’ve met, Aussies are fantastic people. To make my transition easier, people offered to show me around and take me out. It was the purity of spirit in their deeds that really touched me. I guess because I thought ‘why would you bother spending your time trying to make me feel more comfortable when you barely know me?’ When asked they replied ‘ah you know, it’s no big deal’. IT IS A BIG DEAL!!! Well to me anyway ;)





The kindness I’ve experienced here is like no other. Without sounding like a UN campaign, I truly have a renewed belief in the sincerity of people and human kindness. Sydney is a breath-taking city, with beautiful people living there. I am blessed to say I have made life-long friends.
To end, here are a few key things I’ve learnt whilst here:

• Aussies are not obsessed with kangaroos or koalas

• They are however obsessed with a chocolate biscuit snack called ‘Tim Tams’ which are our equivalent of Penguins - ours came first ;)

• There are A LOT of left handed people in Aus, it’s incredible!

• Thongs aka flip-flops are acceptable for every occasion, even Church on Sunday!

• Australia is home to some of the greatest people I know



Can you see that my face has a red tinge? Crying at the airport ;( x


I’ll definitely return to Australia in the near future. Until then, it’s G’day from me in Sydney xxx

1 comment:

  1. beautiful blog, wonderful message!!!!!we are all sad that you left my beautiful. It has been a joy to have you with us.I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas, pray God continues to show how precious you are to him through his unending love, and that your life shines and bless people around you, who knows nothing about our greatest Saviour.
    Love u Beautiful. Stay blessed. Bel

    ReplyDelete