Friday, September 10, 2010

My Godmother xxx

I'm writing this post with extreme sadness. My Godmother has passed away. I know people only speak of the good at death, but that was all there was.

My Aunty Debbie was a fighter and loved life. She was always energetic and smiling, even when it was tough. My aunty was kind. Despite her suffering she thought of others, including myself. At my leaving party she gave me a little green notepad (my favourite colour) to record my memories of Australia. I haven't opened it. Maybe because I want the memory to stay intact.

My single prayer whilst I've been here is to see her at Christmas when I get home. That was my only fear when I left. Though it's too short, I've been blessed to have had her in my life.

I hugged her less than 2 months ago. Spoke to her a few weeks ago.
Will love her forever xxx

Till we hug again xxx

2 comments:

  1. I'm sending you all my prayers, my love, condolences and comfort. I pray God keeps you just as he is keeping her right now. We are graced on this Earth by living angels, and like all the finest things, their time on Earth is called to an end by the most high. That does not mean that thier time will cease though, it spans beyond this realm so that they can shine amongst the stars, breathe with the wind, gleam in our memories and reside with our Lord in perfect peace, in a place where pain and sorrow do not exist.

    Love you lots, Simi x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great picture. Can you email to me, and any others you might have of her, please. I'm trying to put together a collation, which may well end up on Facebook.
    Carl
    X

    ReplyDelete